This plugin completely disables WP responsive-image feature that was introduced in version 4.4. It is meant for people who know what they are doing and want to use their own responsive-image techniques.
- Disables responsive images on the front-end
- Disables generation of
medium_large768px image size
- Completely plug-and-play, no configuration required
- Works perfectly with or without Gutenberg block editor
- Uses the WP API to disable responsive images
- Clean, lightweight code, a real pleasure
Why would anyone want to do this? Check out the FAQs below for all sorts of good reasons.
Check out Disable WordPress Responsive Images at Perishable Press for more information about how this plugin works, etc.
Related: Free plugin to control which image sizes are generated by WordPress, check out Disable Media Sizes.
This plugin does not collect or store any user data. It does not set any cookies, and it does not connect to any third-party locations. Thus, this plugin does not affect user privacy in any way.
Support development of this plugin
I develop and maintain this free plugin with love for the WordPress community. To show support, you can make a donation or purchase one of my books:
And/or purchase one of my premium WordPress plugins:
- BBQ Pro – Super fast WordPress firewall
- Blackhole Pro – Automatically block bad bots
- Banhammer Pro – Monitor traffic and ban the bad guys
- GA Google Analytics Pro – Connect WordPress to Google Analytics
- USP Pro – Unlimited front-end forms
Links, tweets and likes also appreciated. Thanks! 🙂