Related Products for WooCommerce plugin shows custom-related products in WooCommerce. You can show related products by category, tags, or choose products to show as related products in the product details page of a specific product.
Showing related products recommendation brings customer’s attention to other products in your store that they might be interested in. This persuades them to try those products, thus resulting in an increase in the average order value.
You can also make use of the related products functionality in your WooCommerce store to suggest products to your customers and boost your sales.
Using this WooCommerce related products plugin you can:
- Disable default WooCommerce related products functionality
- Choose custom related products
- Option to set up related products for the entire store (by category,tags)
- Set up related products for individual products (by category, tags, or products)
- Exclude selected categories from showing as related products
- Exclude out of stock products from showing as related products
- Enable related products slider
- Customize related products section on the front-end (heading, order of items, number of products, and more)
- Use WooCommerce related products shortcode ([wt-related-products product_id=”xx”]) to display related products for any posts/pages on your site
- Show the same set of related products for their translated versions as well when using WPML
- Override your theme’s default related products template
- Refer this article to import related products
✅ Tested OK with WooCommerce 5.6
Related Products for WooCommerce – Installation and Setup
You can learn about the installation and setup of the WooCommerce related products plugin with the help of this setup guide.
Related Products as a Powerful Marketing Tool
Displaying related products has become the best strategy for selling products. This feature has a great influence on making customers purchase from your store. Showing related products at each stage of a product purchase increases the stores’ profit multiple times. eCommerce giant Amazon’s success is the best example of the related products technique. It acts literally like a virtual salesperson who accompanies us with better recommendations of choices throughout our purchase in the store.
It is also seen that when customers keep getting recommendations while purchasing a product it increases their confidence in the product thereby simplifying the decision making process without spending a lot of time on it. Thus online purchasing would be a great option for people who hate shopping or who do not have the time or patience for it.
Different ways to Show Related products on your WooCommerce store
WooCommerce Related Products feature is one of the important sales tools available for store owners. “Related products” can be employed on your website in different forms. When built-in features in WooCommerce enable you to manually list related products like Up-sells and cross-sells, with the help of third-party plugins you can equip your store to automatically list related products depending upon the activities of customers on your WooCommerce store.
Up-sells – These products are shown on the product page as an alternative to the product customers have chosen to purchase. There will be an upgrade of the chosen product either in quality or price thereby persuading the customer to choose the better one. It comes under the default text “you may also like”.
Cross-sells – On the contrary to up-sells cross-sells are displayed on the cart page under the title “you may be interested in”. These products would complement the products currently in the cart. On seeing this customers would feel an urge to buy the complementary products along with the products in their cart thereby selling more products for the store. Notifying customers about phone cases while purchasing a phone would be a perfect example of cross-selling.
WebToffee creates quality WordPress/WooCommerce plugins that are easy to use and customise. We are proud to have thousands of customers actively using our plugins across the globe.