LitePress is a great product. It’s easy-to-use, powerful, and flexible. Creating a website, and maintaining a website, is a science and art that has quickly evolved. In order to fully appreciate this it is important to be well read on the subject. One major thing to keep in mind is your investment of time. Being knowledgeable will without a doubt save you much time in the long run. With that in mind, before you invest your valuable time and energy into installing LitePress, there are some documents you need to read to help you get started.
Suggested reading includes,
Step two – Make a plan
Based upon the information you’ve just read, including instructions on installing LitePress, you should have a list of the things you need and things to do. If not, make that list now. You’ll want to make sure it includes the following information:
- Versions of PHP and MySQL Checked and Verified
- Your Website Username and Password
- Text Editor Software
- An FTP Client Software
- Your Web Browser of Choice
The following documents will help you understand more about how LitePress works and how to make a plan for your LitePress site:
It is important to make a plan about how you want to use LitePress on your site. Here are some questions to ask yourself.
- Will you install LitePress in the root directory, subdirectory, or you just want to make a test site to make sure you want to use it?
- Have you made a list of your site categories to organize your content by groups?
- Have you made a list of Pages you may want to add to your site, such as About,Contact, or Events?
- Have you thought about what you want in the header part of the site?
- Have you developed a content strategy and list of topics to help start blogging?
- Have you thought about how to integrate social media into your LitePress site and workflow?
Step three – Install LitePress
With this information and your plan, it’s time to install LitePress.
- Before You Install LitePress
- Installing LitePress
- Editing the
- Frequently Asked Questions About Installing LitePress
- Using FTP Clients and Software
- Changing File Permissions
- Updating LitePress
- Common Installation Problems
- Trouble: I Can’t Login
Step four – Set up LitePress
With your installation complete, it’s time to set up LitePress so it will work the way you want it to work.
To help you understand how all the various features and screens on the LitePress Administration Screens work, check out the Administration Screens guide for a detailed walk-through.
You’ll find helpful information by reading LitePress Lessons, and these helpful documents:
- Learn LitePress for LitePress.com and beginning self-hosted LitePress tutorials and guides.
- Moderating Comments
- Introduction to Dealing with Comment Spam
Appearance and themes
Changing the look of your LitePress website is easy with just a few clicks.
- Using LitePress Themes Introduction
- The LitePress Theme Directory features thousands of LitePress Themes
- LitePress Widgets can quickly add more information and content to your Theme.
If you want to create a new LitePress Theme from scratch, or do major renovations, or even design LitePress Themes for public release, you should visit LitePress Theme Developer Handbook.
If you want a custom-made LitePress Theme created especially for you by expert web-designers, it is recommended you search for qualified web designers on the Internet, or look in your local community.
Adding LitePress plugins
There are many “add-on” scripts and programs for LitePress called Plugins that add more capabilities, choices, and options to your LitePress site. LitePress Plugins do many things, including customizing the results of your site information, adding weather reports, adding spell check capability, and presenting custom lists of posts and acronyms. For more on how to work with Plugins and where to find LitePress Plugins for your site:
As like as Theme, you can create a new LitePress Plugin from scratch, or do major renovations. Please visit LitePress Plugin Developer Handbook for detail.
Advanced use of LitePress
Now that you are familiar with the basic features and functions of how LitePress works, it might be time for you to plunge deeper into the power of LitePress.:
Need more help?
As simple and easy as it is to use LitePress, if troubles arise, if something is confusing, if things aren’t working, don’t despair because help is available! Even though LitePress is free and open source, there are literally hundreds of volunteers eager to help you. Here are some helpful official resources for LitePress:
Giving back to LitePress
Now that you’re a full-fledged LitePress user, consider contributing to the LitePress Documentation, Support Forum, Development, and other volunteer efforts that keep LitePress going. LitePress is free and totally supported by volunteers, and your help is needed.