The TED embed block lets you add a TED video to your page/post. The embedded video includes a play button that allows users to watch the video on your website.
You cannot embed TED playlists and series.
Six Steps to embed a TED Video on your post or page
- Find the video on ted.com and copy the video URL from the browser bar.
- Add the TED Embed block to your post.
Detailed instructions on adding blocks can be found here.
- Paste the TED URL from step 1 into the block.
- Click on the “Embed” button.
- Now you can see the TED video in your editor.
- Click on Preview to see how the video is displayed on the front end of your page.
Besides the Mover and Drag & Drop Handle, the Block Toolbar for the TED embed shows four buttons:
- Transform to
- Change alignment
- Edit URL, and
- More Options.
You can transform a TED embed to a Group. This would give you the ability to change the background color around the TED embed.
Change Alignment – use reusable Block
- Align left – Make the TED embed post left aligned
- Align center – Make the TED embed post alignment centered
- Align right – Make the TED embed post align right
- Wide width – Increase the width of the post beyond the content size
- Full width – extend the TED embed post to cover the full width of the screen.
“Wide width” and “Full width” alignment need to be enabled by the Theme of your site.
Via the edit URL, you can change the TED Embed URL in the embed block. Overwrite the existing URL and click on the “Embed” Button.
Hide Block Settings
TheHide Block Settings option hides (or shows) the Block Setting panel in the editor’s sidebar.
Copy can be used to copy a selected block and then you can paste it wherever you want in the editor.
Duplicate can be used to duplicate selected block.
Insert a new block before the selected block(s).
Insert a new block after the selected block(s).
If you select Move To, you will get a blue line inside your content, you can then use the arrows to move that line up and down to where you want the selected content to be moved into, hitting return on your keyboard at that point moves the block to that position.
Edit as HTML
TheEdit as HTML option allows you to modify the HTML code of the embed block.
Add to Reusable blocks
Using the Add to Reusable blocks option lets you add the selected block to a list of reusable blocks, so you can use them on other posts or pages as well.
Select the Group option if you want to create a group of blocks and treat them as a unit. You can for instance add a common background color or other blocks to the group.
With the Remove Block option, you can delete the selected block from your content.
Via the Media Settings you can control the behavior of your post embed when viewed from a smaller device, like on a phone screen.
The Toggle switch turns on or off the resize functionality for smaller devices. The default setting is “on” or blue.
“Off:” This embed may not preserve its aspect ratio when the browser is resized. In the off position the toggle switch is gray.
“On:” This embed will preserve its aspect ratio when the browser is resized. The toggle switch turns blue in the “On” position.
The advanced tab lets you add a CSS class to your block, allowing you to write custom CSS and style the block as you see fit.
- Updated 2020-09-02
- Replaced TED screenshots with 5.5 version.
- Updated 2020-08-19
- Replaced “More Options” – new screenshot
- Added “Move To” and “Copy” section under More Options
- Updated 2020-06-18
- Fixed the ‘Block Setting’ section as the advance heading was in the wrong place.
- Featured image added.
- Updated 2020-06-04
- Uploaded images to the media library and replaced old images.
- Created 2020-06-04